Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Vintage Crafts



Today I want to share one of my greatest passions and that is turning an oldie, into a beauty! Here I found a vintage cart from a good friend who was selling it for a good price! 

First thing I did was sand every inch of it so that the paint would stick!  I then wiped it down with a dry rag to make sure no dust particles were left on it.  I used Annie Sloan Chalk paint {AMAZING STUFF}  This paint is very easy to work with & doesn't need much prepping at all.  You can paint on wood, metal, matt plastic or terracotta.  I have seen people use it on walls, ceilings and floors too!  I used the color Old White.  In order for me to make the paint go on smoothly and thinner, I added just a little bit of water.  I then took sand paper and sanded the edges to give it a little vintage inspired look.  To finish the look, you can add wax.  Annie Sloan has a dark wax and a clear wax.  I decided to use a clear wax to finish the look and give it some gloss and protection.  My cart has two coats of paint and 1 coat of wax and its done!  



This is now one of a few pieces that I have collected for my rental business. I am so excited to use it as a cute lemonade cart at a baby shower, or a prop for engagement photos or as piece for a wedding.
What do you all think?  




Before
Don't you just love those cute wheels?

First Coat

2nd coat & sanded



Tadaaa!

xoxo L

No comments:

Post a Comment